Medical negligence support deadline approaching for patients of Rod Irvine
PUBLISHED: 14:37 23 September 2015 | UPDATED: 14:37 23 September 2015
Mr Irvine previously worked at the Princess Royal Hospital, the deadline is October 5
Patients who believe they received substandard care under gynaecologist and surgeon Mr Rod Irvine whilst have until October 5 to appeal for compensation.
Mr Irvine previously worked at Bromley’s Princess Royal Hospital.
The NHS Litigation Authority, working alongside medical negligence lawyers at Irwin Mitchell established the compensation scheme last year, after 2000 women were notified that concerns may be arising around Mr Irvine’s treatment of them.
Mr Irvine’s practicing license was restricted after the General Medical Council received a number of complaints, Mr Irvine was suspended by the GMC in November 2012.
Mr Irvine’s treatment is said to have caused women “physical harm” and had a “significant emotional impact” by a member of Irwin Mitchell.
Esther Wilkinson, a specialist solicitor at Irwin Mitchell said:
“Since the scheme was set up we have been contacted by many women who thought they were alone in their concerns about the treatment provided by Mr Irvine.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bromley Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.