Jury considering verdicts in ‘indecent assault’ trial of Rolf Harris
PUBLISHED: 10:19 29 May 2017 | UPDATED: 10:21 29 May 2017
2013 Getty Images
He denies four charges of of indecent assault against three women
The jury in the indecent assault retrial of former entertainer Rolf Harris has been sent out to consider its verdicts.
Harris, who formerly lived in Sydenham, denies four charges of indecent assault against three women between 1971 and 1983.
The Australia-born former television star, 87, who was freed from HMP Stafford last Friday, sat with a hearing loop in the dock at London’s Southwark Crown Court.
Judge Deborah Taylor sent the jury of five men and seven women out to deliberate at 2pm on Friday.
Harris is accused of groping a schoolgirl after he appeared in a broadcast of the BBC’s Saturday Superstore in 1983.
He is also alleged to have indecently touched a 14-year-old girl in 1971 after she asked him for an autograph at a music event for children in London.
The musician and artist is also accused of twice groping a third teenage girl after being paid £100 to appear on ITV celebrity show Star Games in 1978, and telling her she was “a little bit irresistible”, the court heard.
Jurors have been told Harris had already been convicted and sentenced for other offences in 2014.
They were told Harris did not give evidence at this trial because he could not remember the alleged incidents and has always insisted his innocence of all claims against him.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bromley Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.