Search

Iron left on oven causes flat fire in Bromley Common

PUBLISHED: 19:01 07 October 2013 | UPDATED: 19:01 07 October 2013

An iron left on top of an oven caused a fire in Bromley Common this afternoon.

Firefighters from Bromley and Orpington were called to a flat in Brewery Road at 4.10pm after smoke alarms were set off.

The flat was damaged by smoke but the small blaze was brought quickly under control.

Firefighter Michael Strong said the home was empty at the time and no one was injured.

He added: “The iron had been left on a hob and the oven was on.”

The London Fire Brigade urges homeowners to keep electrical devices away from sources of heat and monitor ovens and hobs when in use.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bromley Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Bromley Times