Search

Firefighters smash their way into Orpington home after cooking sets house alight

PUBLISHED: 11:35 07 July 2016 | UPDATED: 11:35 07 July 2016

Pinson Way, where the fire started on Wednesday evening

Pinson Way, where the fire started on Wednesday evening

Archant

More than 20 firefighters were on scene

London Fire Brigade is warning people not to leave cooking unattended after a house fire in Orpington on Wednesday.

Nobody was home when a blaze broke out in Pinson Way just after 8pm.

Crews were forced to smash a window to get inside the home to tackle the fire burning in the kitchen.

The fire, believed to be caused by unattended cooking, caused minor damage to the home.

Watch manager Tyron Alexander said: “You should never leave cooking unattended - if you have to leave the room or the house, turn the heat off.

“Thankfully the smoke alarm alerted the member of the public and prompted the intervention of the Brigade.

“Our advice is to have a working smoke alarm on every level of your home and the safest option is to have the alarms linked together. This will give the earliest warning if there is a fire in your home.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bromley Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Bromley Times