Rolf Harris to appear in court after release from prison
PUBLISHED: 09:14 22 May 2017 | UPDATED: 09:14 22 May 2017
The former Sydenham resident is on trial accused of indecent assault
Rolf Harris is due to appear in court in person for the first time since leaving jail.
The Australia-born former television star, and former Sydenham resident, who was released from HMP Stafford on Friday morning, is on trial accused of indecent assault at Southwark Crown Court.
Harris, 87, denies four charges against three women between 1971 and 1983. He previously appeared via video link.
Jurors at Southwark Crown Court had previously been told Harris had already been convicted and sentenced for other offences in 2014.
Judge Deborah Taylor told jurors on Thursday: “He (Harris) will no longer be appearing in the court via video link and he will be attending what remains of his trial in person next week.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bromley Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.