Search

Couple escape Bromley house fire with slight burns

PUBLISHED: 07:55 25 September 2013 | UPDATED: 07:59 25 September 2013

A couple escaped a house fire in Bromley this morning with slight burns

A couple escaped a house fire in Bromley this morning with slight burns

sub

A couple escaped a house fire in Bromley with slight burns to their hands.

The man and woman, in their 40s, were awoken by their smoke alarm just before 3.30am today (Wednesday) in Ridley Road.

They were treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to hospital.

Firefighters said they were unsure of the cause of the fire at the semi-detached house but believe it started with a battery mains charger.

The blaze affected 100 per cent of the loft conversion and 10 pc of the roof; the neighbouring house was not affected.

Four pumps were called to the fire and were on the scene until 6.30am.

Watch manager Paul Smith said: “It was a quick response and the fire was under control quickly. Luckily neither house either side of it were affected.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bromley Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Bromley Times