Dropped cigarette destroys garage in early morning fire near Beckenham Place Park
PUBLISHED: 12:10 17 July 2017 | UPDATED: 12:10 17 July 2017
The fire started on Monday morning
Fire crews were called out to a blaze in two Beckenham garages in the early hours of Monday morning.
One garage was gutted by the flames, while a second garage sustained some damage from the blaze on Brangbourne Road.
A neighbouring hedgerow and fence were also destroyed in the blaze.
London Fire Brigade was called to the scene just after 2.30am and crews believe the fire was started by a dropped cigarette igniting rubbish.
One man was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene by London Ambulance Service paramedics, while more than 20 firefighters battled the flames.
Fire engines from Bromley, Forest Hill, Lewisham and Woodside all attended the scene before it was declared safe at 4.25am.